Luke 2:11-14 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” 13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,14 Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
- We are Invited to (come)
- We are Invited to (see)
- We are Invited to (partake /experience)
- We have a Jesus who (initiated) relationship.
- We have a Jesus who (invited) us in to relationship.
- Everything that we are searching for is wrapped up in the person of Jesus.
1. Seeing the baby would mean, prophesy was (fulfilled)
(Isa. 9) (Isa. 7:) (Isa. 52:13–53:12)(Isa. 65:17)
Romans 1:19-20 – 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
2. Seeing the baby would mean the baby was found by those searching for him.
Jeremiah 29:13 – You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
3. Seeing the baby would mean they had found the (prince of peace)
Isaiah 26:3 – You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.