There are 4 major theories advanced to attempt to disprove the resurrection.
- The followers went to the wrong tomb.
- The disciples stole the body. Matt 28:11-15
- The swoon theory, that Jesus woke up and went on His own power.
- The hallucination theory: the disciples hallucinated and though they saw Jesus.
10 reasons we believe in the Resurrection of Jesus.
- No body was produced; the tomb was empty.
- The dramatic change in the disciples, from fearful to bold.
- The grave clothes left in the tomb. John 20:3-8
- Jesus was seen at least ten times and by over 500 people at once.
- The Resurrection was preached shortly after Jesus’ Resurrection.
- The existence of the church today.
- The change of the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday.
- The change of the calendar, from BC to AD.
- People have experienced Christ’s life changing power for almost 2000 years.
- Women were the first to report the empty tomb.
The Resurrection of Jesus says a number of things to us.
- We are not hopeless.
- Christ’s death for our sins was a sufficient price for our sins. Our sins are forgiven.
- God is a God of 2nd, 3rd, and more chances.
- Jesus is Lord of life and death.
- I do not have to fear death.
- I have a Savior who has faced all I have faced or will face and has conquered it all.
- My losses can be gains.
- Jesus gives me real love.
- Jesus gives us life abundantly John 10:10
- All the promises of God are yes in Christ. 2 COr 1:20