Some introductory questions for this week:
- Who are you listening to and following?
- Who are you leading or influencing?
- How are you using your influence?
- Are you committed to protecting the unity of your faith family from division and factions?
Here are the verses for the series from Galatians.
Proverbs 6:18-19 lists a few of things God hates.
- a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil,
- a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.
Dissensions and Factions Must Die… So Christ May Live
Exodus 23:2 Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong.
Galatians 1:10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people?
Philippians 1:6 He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus
Matthew 26:33 Peter replied, “Even if all fall away on account of you, I never will.”
Luke 22:32-33 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”- But he replied, “Lord, I am ready to go with you to prison and to death.”
These passages have more to say on this.
Consider the below with the above passages.
- Decide to have an Agreeable Spirit vs. Divisive Spirit.
- Decide to follow the right person…I follow Christ.
- Decide to protect unity.